Monday, February 28, 2011

And So It Begins

I'm not a Lemon yet, but I will be soon.

On Sunday, February 20, 2011, Mike Lemon asked my dad if they could talk. In the living room.

Meanwhile, Mom and I stayed in the family room and played the Star Trek board game. Naturally.

Then Mike asked us to join him and Dad in the living room. We all sat down, and Dad announced that Mike wanted to get married.

Poor Mike. Everyone's always stealing his thunder.

Like when we were ring shopping two days later, and my favorite ring was gone. I tried on a few other ring combinations in the store, but didn't see anything I liked. Mike felt the pressure piling up, and pulled out my ring right there in the store.

I started crying and asked, "What did you do?"

He said, "I got your ring."

He's the sweetest. He picked it out the week before, got it sized, and sprung it on me in Fred Mayer. The saleslady and the guy helping us were all in cahoots. I think a lady trying to buy her own ring knew what was going on.

I was totally surprised. Mike dropped to one knee in the University Mall parking lot. Just to make it extra official.

I love Mike. He's my best friend. He's the only person patient enough to put up with my nit-picky, control-freak tendencies. He relishes a good laugh and knows how to make me giggle. (Inappropriate!) He's my sweetheart and we're getting married April 23, 2011!

Mike: tag, your turn.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I'm soo excited for you, Its going to be amazing, I can just feel it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilly!!! I am so so excited for you!! Marriage is so wonderful you're going to love it! also, i am very very excited to see your adventures on here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story so much. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete