Monday, May 9, 2011

Because I have a nephew!

I've hesitated to post anything on our blog because, well, who can compete with my sweet husband's amazing twilight post about our impending nuptials? Which went very well, thank you!

In other news, in addition to becoming a married woman, a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law, and (of course) a wife, I have become an aunt! To one very precocious nephew who's turning six next week. Actually, when we spoke on the phone last week, he told me was five-and-a-half. It seems like he's been five-and-a-half for quite a while. What did he want for his birthday? A guitar and pizza. Boys will be boys.

Anyway, this nephew of mine is smitten with Spongebob Squarepants and Cars. Hence, The Nephew is the lucky recipient of, drum roll...
Okay, okay. So I know these little tied blankets are about the easiest thing on the planet to make, but I'm eager to secure my spot as Favorite Aunt to The Nephew, so something had to be done. So I made a blanket. The end.

It feels good to be an aunt. Now I just have to meet the little guy...

3 comments:

  1. ...of you for being an aunt, and of course of le nephew who is receiving such a classy and cozy token of kinship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cars is a sure way to any little boys heart. At least with all my nephews it seemed to go over well. I think you're safe.

    ....and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete