Friday, February 3, 2012

Dear Baby: January 13, 2012

Dear Baby,

I've been at residency for my first semester at the Vermont College of Fine Arts, and I have to say, I've been blessed with a semi-reprieve from the vomiting. I've still upchucked a few times this week, but still not as many times as I used to barf in one day.

That said, I don't think I'll be returning for the July residency. I'm not sure yet, but my heart says I'll probably take a semester off. I'm puzzled by the logistics of actually getting to Vermont while 34 weeks pregnant; I don't think I want to get on a plane at that point, but it's a three-day drive... And I'd like to make sure that I give birth with my doctor present at my hospital. You know.

I daydream about those first days, weeks, and months with you. I already told your dad that I don't think I'll be able to share with anyone else when you're brand new, except him. Maybe. And I definitely don't want to share myself with packet deadlines and critical theses.

You come first, little raspberry. Apparently, that's how big you are at this point. Your dad called you our raspberry lemonade.

Anyway, your gestation will be the phase of my first taste of graduate work. So far, it is going swimmingly. Thanks for being my little good luck charm.

Love,

Your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment