Friday, February 3, 2012

Dear Baby: January 6, 2012

Dear Baby,

The first week of the year of your birth continues in the same pattern: vomit. Exhaustion. More vomit.

There's been some anxiety, too. Anxiety about things that don't make sense or aren't pertinent. Anxiety about things that do make sense and are extremely pertinent, but are out of my control.

I don't know why, but the single event that has made me the most excited to be a mom was when a new friend of mine, whom I respect like an older sister (which is a new sensation for me since I'm the oldest), confided last night that she too is expecting. Her baby's due date? The day after yours!

So, I have an experienced comrade showing me the way. She had some great tips for working with my wonky hormone levels (read: vomiting) and it was nice to have someone excited with me for the exact same reason, give or take 24 hours.

Love,

Your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment