Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dear Baby: April 28, 2012

Dear Baby,

Today I received a letter in the mail confirming that we had successfully registered for the Childbirth Preparation class at St. Luke's Baptist, where you'll be born (or else).

I skimmed the letter quickly. Pretty standard stuff. Then I read this short paragraph near the end of the letter (please ignore its semi-atrocious grammar; it isn't my paragraph, but I still feel guilty about it).

"Please bring the following to class: 3 pillows, a blanket, pen & highlighter marker and your partner. Please wear comfortable clothing for practice on the mats."

I could picture, so clearly, your dad and me in a birthing class. And it made me laugh-sob hysterically for about 30 seconds.

I think that means I'm getting excited.

Love,

Your crazy, bloated, hormonal mother

5 comments:

  1. We did a childbirth prep class too. I found it very useful, if not just to know where to park and things like that. And I feel your pain on the bloated bit, I get so bloated when Im pregnant, its the pits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep worrying that one day I'll put my wedding ring on and not be able to get it off ever again. It's a recurring nightmare of mine!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! It's getting closer!! :) Yea!! I read several books before birth that I found super helpful as well - and birth positions to practice at home that worked great too if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I waited until I was 8.5 months pregnant before I went to a birthing class. Once I got down on the mat, I seriously could not get up by myself. Jay helped me, but he wasn't nearly as sympathetic as he should've been... :)

    ReplyDelete